Christian Science Retirement Community Activities
Support for spiritual activities has a high priority at Daystar Retirement Village. While open and welcoming to residents of all faiths, Daystar has a large population of Christian Scientists and provides a number of supportive activities and services for the Christian Science residents. Some of these are listed below:
- A Reading Room with bound volumes of the Christian Science Sentinel and Journal, Bibles, the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy, The Christian Science Monitor and other resources and study aids.
- Computer and internet access to the Weekly Bible Lesson as well as other online study resources.
- Bible Lesson Reading, Monday through Friday, from 9:15 – 9:50 a.m.
- A Christian Science sharing meeting on Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. Here, residents can listen to a live web chat and the “daily lift” as well as share testimonies of Christian Science healing.
- A weekly Bible Study on Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m.
- A Christian Science Wednesday meeting at 9:50 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.
- Wednesday Webcast of the Testimony Meeting at the First Church of Christ Scientist, Boston.
- Van Service to Wednesday and Sunday church services at local Christian Science branch churches.
- Van Service to Christian Science Lectures being held in the greater Seattle area.
- Van Service to the annual Christmas Program held at an area Christian Science branch church.
For questions on Christian Science support for residents at Daystar Retirement Village, please call Jack Caldwell at 206-937-6122.